Buying in US and shouldering seller fees

JarAxle
Contributor
Contributor

I am from Canada and will be using Canadian dollars for the purchase. I will be buying an item in US for USD and will also shoulder/pay for the merchant fees. How much in total would I need to send if the item price is $2,750 USD? I am confused as to how much the merchant fees will be and if it will still involve currency exchange fees. I hope someone can pitch in regarding this seeing that most of the posts here are unanswered and leave people hanging. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JarAxle
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone? A quick look in this forum and it seems like people don't bother pitching in or answer questions. Most of the posts here gets zero replies 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hi JarAxle,

Thanks for using PayPal to make this purchase. I'm sure you will find the following links helpful in calculating the total amount of this purchase. 

PayPal exchange rate information.

Cross border fee information.

Using these two articles and the knowledge of what funding source you opt to use to make this payment, you should be able to calculate how much you'll be paying this merchant. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.