Authorization still pending, after contacting the merchant to cancel my order.

Mrcollinz
Contributor
Contributor

So here's the the deal, I place an order on the official Ali store. The official merchandise store of Muhammad Ali. Doing research I noticed the orders are fullfiled by a company called music today. They did not respond to two seperate emails aout cancelling my order and they do not have a 1-800 number. Finally I had to call a long distance number in Virgina to reach them directly to cancel my order (I'm in Ontario).

I was advised by the service rep that the order was cancelled and that the authorization should remove in 2-3 days. To ensure this was completed I contacted PayPal to have them send a cancellation of authorization request to the company. It's been 2 days since I cancelled my order and I haven't received a cancelling email neither has the status of my order or authorization changed from "Pending" to "Cancelled". My first arguement is a statement, DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. This is a day an age where customers want quick and convenient replies, but not even a response via email?, or a 1800 number?, even worse no cancellation email to confirm?.

So as of right now my authorization on my visa debit is $304.54 and it says the authorization won't expire till a month after I placed the order!?, so March 9th 2015?. I've done everything in my power to take the necessary steps to get this figured out, but the status still pending, no cancellation email, no insight at all other then talking to a service rep leads me to believe I'm SOL and will half to wait till the authorization times out. All in all this has cost me hours of time, hundreds of dollars, and now over a month to get the authorization removed. This is absurd and PayPal needs to be able to take action on behalf of an incompetent merchant, we should not just be told "You'll half to wait the 30 days if the merchant doesn't respond to cancellation requests."

What gives PayPal?, am I reading the signs wrong?..or does this not look like a situation where its everyone elses fault?.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is always pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.