Airstream! A Mom w Fsh Muscular Dystrophy won't be stopped

AmyVH
New Community Member
This is all about solutions. Once a career woman and single mom to now disabled single mom looking for ways to exist and help my teen get to college while slowly losing my ability to walk. I'm focusing on the goal of living in an Airstream and boondocking so no one will worry about me financialy. I have the truck ( it needs a check up and a bit of maintenance) but it's paid for. I know a used airstream is the way I want to go.my child gets dependent money the helps us stay in a house. At 18 that stops and I'm not going to afford this place or even a typical one br on 1100 a month! So this way... I can save a portion of my SSDI and during breaks from college my teen can come hang with her gypsy Mom! I have found a community of streamers out there that I feel wouldoffer me the community I seek. This sounds better to me than living in some box with to many bills stressing out to pay for food, no extra for a social life ( kind of how it is now) I don't receive child support or much by way of govt help. Our outgo is more than our income but we make it withhrlp from a dear friend. I'm raising cash to buy an Airstream. About 12- 15 k is what older used vintage even are going for. They actually can be up to 90,000 for new ones. That seems crazy to me and I'd get a house if I had that kind of cash! I've rented my entire life. I've had Muscular Dystrophy my entire life. I worked until I couldn't due to pain and fatigue but I know how to manage my time now with being a mom, cleaning caring for an inaccessible town home and caring for myself. ( and cats) I rescue trap & release wild cats. Lol... I love art. My degree is aBFA and I'm into researching things and new experiences as I can.. donate to my airstream house as there are no direct giving sites for Muscular Dystrophy. No MDA doesn't help us as adults much except a yearly visit to say " you are weaker than last year" no wheelchairs no brace payments anymore. They are great at sending kids to camp and have latched on to other bigger known diseases like ALS ( not a MD btw) Fsh MD has an org designed for the cure and I support them. There are many "Jerry's kids" that grew up and are trying to live without barriers and pity like telethon portrayed. Thanks if you decide to help !!! I could use it to life without limits despite my own.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.