unauthorized charges to my account not being refunded

vrody
Contributor
Contributor

recently opened 17 disputes that were not authorized to be made. my cousin who I had given access to my computer while he was staying here managed to get into my paypal account and had made several charges durring his stay. I did not find out until fairly recently and I disputed them. today I have just gotten emailed saying my claims were denied. so now I have potentially lost $160 to something my cousin paid for using my account and yet paypal is saying these claims are authorized, yet I didn't authorize any of them. I'd like to know how to get my money back and what legal action I can take against paypal for this?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Of course they were denied.  You authorized your cousin to access your computer and, therefore, your PayPal account.  You need to keep your devices, accounts, and passwords private. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your transactions are AUTHORISED as you have given your cousin the use of your computer and password to your Paypal account,take this up with your cousin

Login to Me Too

vrody
Contributor
Contributor

I gave him permision to play games while he was here, I did not give him permission to purchase stuff with my money.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

thats too bad,talk t o his mom then

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

how does he know your PAYPAL password?

Login to Me Too

vrody
Contributor
Contributor

my cousin is 22 not 7, talking to his mom won't do anything since he doesn't live with her. and he got my password because of autosign-in for the browser. either way I contacted my bank and resolved the issue already

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.