someone sent me money but its not in my account

kjmmjk43
Contributor
Contributor

this person texted me asking to buy something i was selling and we agreed on a price. they then asked for my paypal email so they could give me the money. then they told me they sent me the money, so i looked and it didnt show up in my accounts activity.

then they told me to check my email and there was an email saying that he sent me the money even tho its not showing up in my acount. is this a scammer? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That's not a PayPal email address.

The entire process starting with text messages for sales is very suspicious and subject to scams.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Was the email from PayPal?

How was the money sent, friends/family or goods/services?

Since there would be no goods details attached to the transactions, there would be no seller protection.

More details need to know if it was a scam or not.

Login to Me Too

kjmmjk43
Contributor
Contributor

the email address is "ServiceFundsNow @ mail.com" 

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That's not a PayPal email address.

The entire process starting with text messages for sales is very suspicious and subject to scams.

Login to Me Too

jevans1115
Contributor
Contributor

Sister sent me money for some reason it is still pending what a drag

Login to Me Too

SneakerHead2016
Contributor
Contributor

It is definitely a scam. I just had someone do the same to me, but luckily I am aware of dirty business on ebay and paypal and did some research. I received a phony email from what appeared to be PayPal but it has a Gmail email. Lol!! Then the dude sends his address and says ship via UPS only with no signature required. I'm like yea right for a $1000 purchase a signature is mandatory. PayPal shows no payment activity. But I felt suspicious from the start. And to think if I wasn't aware of the BS with people scamming folks for stuff I would have sent my sneakers off and never received the money or my sneakers back. SMH!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.