shipping trouble-- ERRORCODE-50027

thisismelynda
Contributor
Contributor

I've been getting this error code since yesterday morning when trying to pay and print a shipping label.  It says

"Unable to print the requested label at this time. The following error occurred.

Sorry, we’re unable to generate your label right now. Your account was not charged. Please try again later. ERRORCODE-50027"

Any ideas how to resolve this so i can get this printed and on its way?

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

Marliese
New Community Member

I figured it out. The reason is that your item description is more than 20 Characters long. Reduce it and it will work!

@thisismelynda wrote:

I've been getting this error code since yesterday morning when trying to pay and print a shipping label.  It says

"Unable to print the requested label at this time. The following error occurred.

Sorry, we’re unable to generate your label right now. Your account was not charged. Please try again later. ERRORCODE-50027"

@thisismelynda wrote:

Login to Me Too

SumBuddy
New Community Member

If we all changed our automatic paypal payment method information in eBay to another Email addresss then I'd say that's what does it. It's the only thing I can think of that I changed. I got paid on ONE email address, and I created a new paypal account and linked it for auto payments every month. So maybe the email address that you get paid on has to be the same linked to your account for automatic payment?

Login to Me Too

6guitars
Contributor
Contributor

I worked for over 40 years in customer service in one capacity or another and am quite disappointed that this error has not been addressed by PayPal. I spend over two hours yesterday trying to create a shipping label. In the past I had the option to use the old system when I encountered this issue. I also studied programming. There is serious lack of communication here bad programming and customer service.

Login to Me Too

LaCoAb99
Contributor
Contributor
The only time I can pay and print is if I have funds in my PayPal account, not in my bank/card linked to my PayPal. They have to actually be in the PayPal funds. This is very frustrating and seems like when I joined PayPal was great and all these new updates are not working and causing a lot of inconvenience.
Login to Me Too

Thecollinshouse
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure if anyone will see this, but the error code came up for me and it was actually my bank placing a fraud alert on my card because I was shipping too many things at once.   I got it taken care of and now I'm able to.  So if you have another debit card on file you could try that.  I was going to try my husband's which is also on file and attached to our bank account if the bank couldn't get it fixed immediately.

Login to Me Too

kw99
New Community Member

I finally fixed this problem by updating my credit card information. The card issuer had changed my number and expiration date, so PayPal was instantly rejecting the transaction. I also had to change the "Preferred payment method" to the new card number to get it to work correctly.

Very annoying that PayPal keeps displaying a meaningless error code with no explanation. At the very least, they could direct you to a page with a list of error codes and the causes.

Login to Me Too

Parrotmdm
New Community Member

I had this problem. Rebooting did nothing. Then I looked closely at the ship form and it had my buyers x'd out CC number as payment. I thought it was how he pad for my item.  I clicked on it and it gave me a choice of customer credit card to pay for shipping charge or my Paypal balance. I chose my Paypal balance and it worked. 

Login to Me Too

ladyrocketz
New Community Member

help any info on how to fix this shipping error?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.