sales tax, tax, reports

ssmith42
New Community Member

I can't find a way to see the total amount of sales tax collected.  There is every kind of report and information available.  Heck, I can even print and pay my shipping through PayPal.  It's awesome.  That said, I find it hard to believe that the designers of Paypal would forget such an important business reporting tool if they profess to be a business tool. 

If anyone knows where I should click to see this simple calculation, please let me know.  I am sure that one can go through some convoluted process of downloading some huge report and poke through it adding up each field, but seriously, how could there not be a simple column for sales tax collected within a date ranges?  Also, the Square DOES offer this feature (DUH  . . .  Of course they do.  Who wouldn't?) But they DON'T have the shipping label and payment feature.  If Square ever implements the shipping/postage management feature it's BYE BYE PayPal unless they add this ever so important and seemingly simple feature that shows sales tax collected.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Here's one work around, you can download or export your Transaction History:

* Login to your account.
* Click "Activity"
* Under "Simple" "Detailed"
* Click on "Statements"
* Click on "Activity export"
* Select "Custom Date Range"
* Select your "From" and "To" Dates
* Under File Types for Download - Select "Comma Delimited - All Activity"
* Click "Download History"

What this process does is export your history to a CSV file, you can then use an app like Excel to sort, view, create and print your own reports.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Here's one work around, you can download or export your Transaction History:

* Login to your account.
* Click "Activity"
* Under "Simple" "Detailed"
* Click on "Statements"
* Click on "Activity export"
* Select "Custom Date Range"
* Select your "From" and "To" Dates
* Under File Types for Download - Select "Comma Delimited - All Activity"
* Click "Download History"

What this process does is export your history to a CSV file, you can then use an app like Excel to sort, view, create and print your own reports.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Ebay may show a sales tax total,not sure.

Do you know how hard it is to offer shipping label,Barnes and Noble ,the last time I sold a book,does not have this feature,I can only print a packing slip?

And Barnes and Noble has an ecommerce site for at least 10 years.

why,I dont know,but AMZN,ETSY,EBAY have,but not Bonanza or Ecrater or Rubylane and a host of other sites.

But I keep a manual sales ledger,when I record a sale,I write down the sales tax collected,since it amounts to no more than 2%,I add them up every month and after 12 months,I have the total for tax reporting .

Do you have a sales ledger,if not,why not and it will make life much easier when IRS knocks on your door. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.