requesting money from another country

jdbobbi
New Community Member

When requesting money from someone in another country, do I request it in my currency (U.S.A.)., or do I initially request it in their currency (U.K.)?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Either way will do.  The difference is if you bill in your currency, you do not have to deal with converting currency on your end, the sender does.  You request in USD, you receive USD.  I don't know how the GBP is doing against the USD in exchange rates at the moment so if you do not mind receiving GBP and then converting it USD, then request in GBP after checking it online. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can also request money in a foreign currency and ask Paypal to keep it as foreign currency in your Paypal account,you have to go to your setting to say you accept such and such foreign currency and keep a balance in that currency.

when it comes time to spend the $$,you can either use it to buy from someone who ask to be paid in that currency or you can ask Paypal to convert to another currency,like your local currency.

conversion fee is 2 1/2  % ,soon to be 3% plus real time exchange rate. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.