"DPRP is disabled for this merchant" plz help!!!

allprosgroup
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the story

I downloaded paypal sample code from github.com/paypal/PayPal-PHP-SDK/

I am using rest api for creating billing aggrement with credit card.

In CreateBillingAgreementWithCreditCard file,

I have changed parameter in these code

$creditCard->setType()->setNumber()->setExpireMonth() ->setExpireYear()->setCvv2();

$shippingAddress->setLine1()->setCity()->setState()->setPostalCode()->setCountryCode();

In bootstrap file,

I have changed $clientId, $clientSecret,  $apiContext->setConfig(array('mode' => 'live'....

It works fine with sandbox but not with live. I have https, DoDirectPayment enabled. I called paypal to enable DPRP and confirmed that it is enabled. I have searched in google and stackoverflow. Nothing works.

Here is error:

Created Billing Agreement. (Failed)
Response Object
Got Http response code 400 when accessing https://api.paypal.com/v1/payments/billing-agreements/.
{
    "name": "DPRP_DISABLED",
    "message": "DPRP is disabled for this merchant.",
    "information_link": "https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/api/#DPRP_DISABLED",
    "debug_id": "8a495ffd92721"
}

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

DoDirectPayment alone is not enough.  That only allows you to process credit cards directly, which is what PayPal Pro is, and PayPal charges $30/mo for that.  It sounds like this is what you have enabled, right?

The thing is, when you want to setup recurring payments profiles using Pro you have to get that enabled as an add-on to Pro.  PayPal charges an additional $30/mo for this add-on, which would bring your total monthly payment to $60/mo.

DPRP = Direct Payment Recurring Payments.  So while you may have DoDirectPayment enabled, you apparently do not have the DPRP add-on enabled.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

DoDirectPayment alone is not enough.  That only allows you to process credit cards directly, which is what PayPal Pro is, and PayPal charges $30/mo for that.  It sounds like this is what you have enabled, right?

The thing is, when you want to setup recurring payments profiles using Pro you have to get that enabled as an add-on to Pro.  PayPal charges an additional $30/mo for this add-on, which would bring your total monthly payment to $60/mo.

DPRP = Direct Payment Recurring Payments.  So while you may have DoDirectPayment enabled, you apparently do not have the DPRP add-on enabled.

Login to Me Too

allprosgroup
Contributor
Contributor

I ask them to activate DPRP but this is reply from paypal.

"The reason you are receiving this error is that you are using PayPal Pro APIs to try and create Recurring Payment profiles instead of using Payflow APIs to recreating Recurring Billing profiles. This may seem like a minor distinction, but your account is specifically setup to use the Payflow Gateway with Recurring Billing. I am including a link below with information on these APIs for your review. You will need to change your integration accordingly if you would like to create recurring payments via API."

I am not sure if there is any problem with PayPal Pro. Is any one else is using PayPal Pro?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, I'm very familiar with all of this.  Unfortunately, PayPal doesn't make this easy on people.  Even their response to you is misleading.  

Basically, what it boils down to is that they have two separate versions of PayPal Pro.

• Website Payments Pro 3.0 - This uses the DoDirectPayment and/or CreateRecurringPaymentsProfile APIs to process transactions with credit cards directly.  This is the original "PayPal Pro" and uses APIs that were originally created by PayPal, which is what the rep means when they say "you are using PayPal Pro APIs."  
  • Payments Pro 2.0 - This is actually the newer version of PayPal Pro which is built on the PayFlow API that PayPal acquired from Verisign a while back.  This uses the PayFlow Gatweway as opposed to the original PayPal APIs.

If you would like more details on this you can take a look at this article I wrote: The History of PayPal Payments Pro - DoDirectPayment vs. PayFlow.

Depending on which version of PayPal account you have, when you sign up for "PayPal Pro" you will be given one or the other.  Unfortunately, I see this all too often where people aren't aware of this until they've already integrated the wrong one.  

Basically, at this point it sounds like you've been setup with PayPal Pro 2.0 which requires the use of PayFlow.  Here are your options of how to move forward.

• Redo your integration using the PayFlow API instead of CreateRecurringPaymentsProfile.  Obviously, this option isn't ideal.
  • Call PayPal and ask them to convert your Payments Pro 2.0 account to Website Payments Pro 3.0 with Recurring Payments.  Again, depending on the version of PayPal account you have they may or may not be able to do this for you.  Most likely, they'll tell you that you need to...
  • Setup a new PayPal account that can be configured with Website Payments Pro 3.0 / Recurring Payments.  They will probably have to do this for you to ensure you get setup with an account that is compatible with the "old" version.
Login to Me Too

allprosgroup
Contributor
Contributor

I thought to try with Payflow Pro. As I go with documentation and sample it seems like i going with Classic API instead of Rest API. Isn't Classic API old one or i am seeing in different location.

This is the url
https://devtools-paypal.com/tryit
especially this one
Recurring Payments Profile - CreditCard

Can you please point out the location of sample code for Payflow Pro with Recurring payment. I tried this url too.
http://devtools-paypal.com/integrationwizard/ccpayflow/code.php

By the way i still see "DPRP is disabled for this merchant." when i click in "Try it" button in this url
https://devtools-paypal.com/guide/recurring_payment_cc/php?interactive=ON&env=sandbox

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I have a PayPal PHP SDK I have maintained for years which has all of the Classic APIs and PayFlow tied into it.  

Yes, the Classic API is the "old" one, however, I prefer the term more mature.  It has a lot more features built into than the REST API does, and they continue to add more, so it's going to be a while before REST catches up.  I still prefer to use the Classic APIs myself.

The library comes with this PayFlow sample file as well as an empty template.  That sample is for a basic credit card transaction, but to setup recurring billing with all you would have to do is adjust a few of the parameters and add some that aren't already there.

The PayFlow Recurring Billing documentation will give you all the details you need about what parameters you need and the values they should take.  Then you would just adjust the request parameters in the sample file that comes with the library accordingly.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.