paypalATmember.com legit or no?

pw2
New Community Member

hey so reason a guy from the states bought a car from me he told me that he want me to assist him on paying the shipping of the car because he is an engineer and is busy working. so i got an email from "memberATpaypal.com" saying that he paid the money but the money is deducted and will only be released into my account once ive sent the shipping fee via moneygram to a location. So i did it i got the reference number i replaied it to the paypal email and then the next day the guy and the memberATpaypal.com said the agent requested more moeny and so the guy added another extra money to the payment and want me to send the money to the same location via moneygram (said its for insurrance). and i did that too but then this morning the paypal email said that the money that they are overcharging the guy (but i still havent get my money yet) and they will release the money to my account once i send the extra money ill get through moneygram (same location). is this legit?? i think im getting scammed and ive already sent 1600CAD to the location without getting any peny back yet so im **bleep** at that and confused. does paypal ever deduct the money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Of course it's a scam.  When you sell something, the seller NEVER SENDS THE BUYER MONEY.  That's the first sign of a scam.  Also, the seller NEVER USES MONEYGRAM; the buyer is the one supposed to send money.

A busy engineer working is another scam signal.

Sending by MoneyGram is lost money.

Always check your PayPal transactons list for any real activity.

The email used a spoofed email address to look like PayPal; if you look at the real email address or the email header you'll find it not to be PayPal.

At least you still have the vehicle, right?

As for selling a vehicle,  CASH PAYMENT ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Of course it's a scam.  When you sell something, the seller NEVER SENDS THE BUYER MONEY.  That's the first sign of a scam.  Also, the seller NEVER USES MONEYGRAM; the buyer is the one supposed to send money.

A busy engineer working is another scam signal.

Sending by MoneyGram is lost money.

Always check your PayPal transactons list for any real activity.

The email used a spoofed email address to look like PayPal; if you look at the real email address or the email header you'll find it not to be PayPal.

At least you still have the vehicle, right?

As for selling a vehicle,  CASH PAYMENT ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Login to Me Too

pw2
New Community Member

thank you so much for you advice

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.