my friend got chargeback for intangable item and lost and i am witness but paypal did chargeback

hairballgammer
Contributor
Contributor

we play a game online and have used paypal for several transactions, until now all has been well, now a player in game has done a chargeback and won in a scam, i have read "intangable goods" and do not understand why paypal would honor this mans chargeback, the trade was done (i was there) and all was well until the chargeback, over 10 years in this game and have seen many scams, do not believe paypal would honor this knowing my friend has a good rating in paypal, and i have done trades with him on paypal all successful, $100 and item gone due to paypal, we now use Skrill

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

FionaM
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal just took a $20 chargeback on a $60 transaction a buyer now doesn't want to pay. I am very unhappy that Paypal charged me this fee but blames the buyer's bank. I've had excellent credit with PP and this just irks me. I have done nothing wrong and the dispute is allegedly still open. I can ill afford to be robbed right now. A $20 chargeback is outrageous. Apparently PP does nothing to help their customers.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Chargebacks are generally through the buyer's credit card and PayPal has limited control over a response. 

That's where PayPal seller protection comes into play.  If comply with PayPal seller protection policies then you will be reimbursed by PayPal.

Unfortunately, virtual items are not covered by PayPal seller potection; it's just a risk you select to take when you sell virtual items.  You take all the risk.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.