manage what customers see when they pay with paypal from my website

marcia5305
New Community Member

How do I get into the business set up so I can see manage the payment options my customers see when they pay with credit card to my paypal account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Assuming you're using Payments Standard, there's no features through your account to do what you have in mind.  If all you want to see is what your customers see, just go through the checkout process - same as they do.   You have the option to do some customization to the checkout screens like display your business logo graphic and if you create a customized page, you can preview that within your account Profile settings however, that's about it.   There's also a setting to allow your customers to check out as a guest by paying with a credit card but, you have no options as to what credit card choices are offered to the customer - that's all controlled via PayPal's back end.

If you're thought is to control the customer's checkout experience - then you may want to consider using Payment's Pro - with Pro, the customer remains on your web site - they are not redirected to the PayPal Checkout screens like they are with Payments Standard.   Payment's Pro does have a monthly fee of $30 plus the standard transaction processing fees and does require a higher level of programming skills but, gives you more control over the customer experience.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Assuming you're using Payments Standard, there's no features through your account to do what you have in mind.  If all you want to see is what your customers see, just go through the checkout process - same as they do.   You have the option to do some customization to the checkout screens like display your business logo graphic and if you create a customized page, you can preview that within your account Profile settings however, that's about it.   There's also a setting to allow your customers to check out as a guest by paying with a credit card but, you have no options as to what credit card choices are offered to the customer - that's all controlled via PayPal's back end.

If you're thought is to control the customer's checkout experience - then you may want to consider using Payment's Pro - with Pro, the customer remains on your web site - they are not redirected to the PayPal Checkout screens like they are with Payments Standard.   Payment's Pro does have a monthly fee of $30 plus the standard transaction processing fees and does require a higher level of programming skills but, gives you more control over the customer experience.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.