excessive shipping fees asked for.

garysullivan
Contributor
Contributor

do i owe shipping costs the seller had beyond what they originally indicated it would be in their auction.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@garysullivan  I am assuming this is an eBay transaction correct?  If the Seller has the item set for Calculated Shipping then the little calculator that you click on will give you the cost to ship from them to you.  That is all you should pay.  If the Seller is telling you AFTER the Auction ends that you owe more than what the calulator says that you do then to me that is being dishonest and no, you should not have to pay more.  Sellers can also add Handling Fees but again, you would be able to see that prior to the auction ending.

There are times when sellers make msitakes or there is an eBay glitch and shipping costs get skewed.  In the case of a Seller mistake, a good Seller eats the cost.

The other thing I assume, without more info, is this is a domestic shipment and not international????

Login to Me Too

garysullivan
Contributor
Contributor

It was a domestic Ebay transaction without a shipping calculator involved, just a stated cost of shipping on a set of ceramic birds of $7.20.  I had three transactions with that seller that day and asked for a discount if she would combine shipping. I paid through PayPal with shipping indicated at 3 X $7.20 but it cost her over $30.00 for shipping three sets of birds. Now she sent me a request through PayPal for the difference of $12.18.  Item # 272674408723 is one of those completed transactions.

Below is an email I sent to her when she first asked for more money.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you like the birds and feel you are getting a fair/good deal,why not pay the difference?

most sellers work on very thin margin and cannot afford to subsidize shipping,it sounds like she is offering fixed shipping and just underestimate the cost.

Seller can also cancel the sales citing buyer and seller cannot agree .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.