erroneous email

anniejo1
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email from an unknown source stating that my paypal account was suspended unless I verified my phone number. Has anyone else received that email? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

fuzzyfeet
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently received an email stating that " We regularly check the activity of your Paypal account. Recently, we found that some of the activities you are violating your agreement with us. Therefore, we have limited your account and can not offer the service for you."

I have no idea of what I may have done wrong ? How do I find out ? I have looked through the options and don't see anything pertinent. I went through my summery and activity, nothing untoward was listed. I see no where to "contact us" I'm not even sure the email from PayPal is legit ?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@fuzzyfeet

Did you check your account to find out of it is limited?

No one here has a clue about your activity.  If you want to disclose your recent activities someon might have some ideas.  You could also phone PayPal customer service but they are no likely to disclose details due to security issues.

You could also carefully review all of PayPal's policies for ideas.  Click on "legal" at the bottom of the page.

Login to Me Too

anniejo1
Contributor
Contributor

fuzzyfeet
Contributor
Contributor

I looked at my activity, I buy something 2 or 3 times a year. It only disclosed what I boought last month which was a knitting pattern for less than $2 American. I don't sell anything, not a buisness person on here. I have no way to check if the email was from a legitimate source. Perhaps if I can find the phone # you say to talk to Customer Service, they may be able to tell me if Pay Pal did indeed send me the emal or not ? 

Thank you for trying to help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.