ebay sided with buyer for no reason, can't open dispute with paypal

ksnow27
New Community Member

i had recently sold an ignition coil pack for a mercedes v12 engine.  worked perfectly when shipped out, buyer even admitted it worked when he put it in.  my listing stated no returns accepted.

after the buyer installed my part he then broke it and now ebay has decided that their incompetence is my fault and now wants me to eat $50 worth of shipping and $700 for a part that was fine when it was in my hands and this buyer broke and is now trying to return and i have not been able to provide my side of things to ebay and paypal is holding my money until somehow this is resolved?

im just at a loss for how to proceed so that some idiot on ebay who doesnt understand how car parts work doesn't end up costing me $750 for some random garage mechanic breaking expensive equipment.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Ebay item not as described dispute trumps seller no return policy,you have to pick up return shipping and refund him in full when item is returned.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.