eBay purchase - PayPal payment

ausgal48
New Community Member

I just purchased something on eBay for $52.00 and I chose PayPal as the payment option. I have  over $130.00 in my PayPal account so that more than ocvers what I bought and yet it also shows up as a charge on my debit card which is the one attached to my PayPal account as well as showing up as a payment with PayPal. Why is charging me twice?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is the transaction showing up on PayPal activity deducting the $52 from your PayPal balance?  Did you inadvertently click Complete payment twice?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ausgal48
New Community Member

I just hit purchase once and yes it's shown up in PayPal as a purchase in my summary but it's also showing up in my online banking as a pending payment.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So, it wasn't a debit card payment, correct?

Login to Me Too

ausgal48
New Community Member

Its showing up as both. It is showing up in my PayPal summary as a payment and also in my online banking as a pending payment for my debit card.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you receive two payment notifications from PayPal?  Check withthe seller to see if they received two payments.  If they say no, Report a problem on the PayPal balance transaction by clicking on that transaction as that one may be the easier one to resolve.  Refunds to cards take up to 30 days. Balance payment refunds are quicker.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.