eBay non-performer????

shipping312
Contributor
Contributor

I just got one of my payments on hold and it says "eBay non-performer", but the thing is, the order wasn't from eBay. I have never gotten an eBay order on my PayPal account. Why did this happen???? The order was from my own personal website. Could PayPal maybe have thought it was eBay? If I call them do you think they will release the payment since it is clearly not an eBay order even though they labeled it as one??? Please help =( 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Payments can be on hold whether it is from eBay or not.

Your payment may be placed on hold in your pending PayPal balance because:

The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern.
Your account was inactive for a while.
We found an unusual change in selling price of this transaction.
You’re selling an item that can potentially cause dissatisfaction with customers.
We noticed you only recently started selling outside of eBay, so your history with us as an off-eBay seller is quite short.

Delaying funds availability is a common industry practice implemented to help ensure the safe and secure use of PayPal by both buyers and sellers. By placing your money in your pending balance, PayPal can ensure there is enough money in your PayPal account to resolve any issues that may arise with your account such as chargebacks or disputes. The money still belongs to you. It’s just temporarily not available to use, until your buyer has received the item they ordered in the condition promised.

If there aren't any issues with your transaction, such as a customer filing a dispute, the payment will move to your available balance with 21 days of receipt.

You can help get the money released faster by uploading tracking to PayPal or marking the transactions as processed or shipped.  When PayPal can confirm delivery, your funds can be released as soon as three days, but sometimes delivery info takes a bit longer to update so if it's still pending after three days, the information is still processing.

If you only mark as Shipped, payment will be released only after 7 days for domestic and 14 days for intl shipments.  You can also get the buyer to mark as Item Received after you mark payment as processed or shipped.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

shipping312
Contributor
Contributor

Okay but why does it say that it is on hold and right by it it says eBay non-performer? Because I don't sell on eBay....

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not ever?  You've never, ever sold on eBay?

Have you stopped selling for awhile and just got back to selling recently, just not on eBay?  Could be an error.  Contact PayPal customer service about that if you've never sold on eBay.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Could Ebay non performer is directed at your buyer,who is an Ebay deadbeat?

Ebay sellers are not allowed to leave negative feedbacks on their buyers,Ebay buyers always have 100% perfect positive feedback.

Login to Me Too

SimplyDone7843
New Community Member

I think the "eBay non-performer" is a general term they used to code funds in their system. I process paymentsfor my business via PayPal and they have labelled my last several transactions in the same manner. Even though I have had an account with them for a while, I am not consistent with using it.  Luckily, each time, I take the steps to mark my services completed and received which cuts the hold to 7 days, but its still frustrating to have your money in limbo. Also, if you are willing to ask your client to respond to a PayPal generated email confirming that they have received the goods and services and are happy with them, then I think it cuts down the wait for funds availability to 3 days. From speaking with the customer service rep, it's a security measure to insure the paying party has received the services or goods. Honestly, I think it was created for ebay users, but has carried over to all transactions. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ebay sellers are not allowed to leave negative feedback or positive feedback with negative tone to their buyers,so if you read buyer feedback ,it is always 100%.

Paypal is warning you your buyer is a non-performer,he could either be a deadbeat on Ebay or supended from buying on EBAY or has a habit of not paying.

seller beware!

Bone up on Paypal protection if you want to proceed .

Paypal is withholding your payment to protect itself,your buyer could be using a fraudlent credit card

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.