download transactions to quickbooks pro 2017

onesisterdesign
New Community Member

Hey,

How do I sync my Paypal transactions with quickbooks pro 2017? I've been manually inputting the data, but now there are too many transactions for me to keep up with. So far QB has been little help.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey onesisterdesign,

Great question - you can sync them using the steps listed here. I hope this helps! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

baron94
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like Ashley M's solution only works with Quickbooks Online. This is not the correct process for the desktop Quickbooks product. The process for downloading is below. (You will need to create a Paypal account in Quickbooks Pro first.)

• Go to your Paypal account
  • Select Activity
  • Click the Download button on the right, under the search bar
  • Select your date range
  • Choose the Quickbooks (IIF) format
  • Download it to your computer
  • Go into your Quickbooks program and choose File>Utilities>Import>IIF Files
  • You will get a prompt to select the appropriate categories for the transactions
  • Click ok to continue, and the transaction should load into your ledger

You will have to go through these transactions, and double check them for occasional errors or splits. I usually have to fix the payee or the chart of account section to make everything right. After that, Reconcile under the Banking tab.

It's not a perfect system, but it gets it done for now. I would prefer if Paypal utilized a QBO file like other financial institutions. Oh, well.

I hope this helps.

-Angela

Just another Quickbooks Pro User

Login to Me Too

CFW-Ben
Contributor
Contributor

My chart of accounts in QuickBooks Desktop has account numbers.  I am freaking out because I can not get the "appropriate categories" correctly.  Here is an example of what my chart of accounts looks like.   In the PayPal download screen where I type in the account titles (below) I have tried to enter different variations for the "Name of PayPal account" such as "100-5 PayPal" and  "PayPal", but the .IFF file still does not download to the correct G/L.  Any ideas of how to correctly enter in the correct account title?

1-26-2018 9-08-08 AM.jpg

1-26-2018 9-10-49 AM.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.