credit card information needs to be entered twice

HollyK
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a website designer and one of my customer's sites is configured using WordPress and WooCommerce. He noticed that when his customers try to pay wtih PayPal using a credit card, not a PayPal account, they are asked to submit the information twice.

I confirmed this today by placing an order myself. I have a PayPal account, but on the very first PayPal screen, I clicked on "Pay with debit or credit card" instead. I was taken to a screen titled "PayPal Guest Checkout." I entered my credit card information there. A "processing payment" hourglass appeared. PayPal then took me back to what looked like the first PayPal screen, asking me if I wanted to pay with my PayPal account or a debit or credit card. I had to click on that and re-enter the card information. VERY disconcerting as it appeared I had paid twice. On my customer's end, I only paid once, and had I not re-entered the information a second time, the order would have been stuck in "pending payment" mode on his end.

This seems like a PayPal usability bug to us. Is there any fix in the works?

Does this only happen to existing PayPal customers? That is, I have a PayPal account so when I tested this, there was no way I could test this as a user who doesn't have PayPal.

Thanks for any information.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Wolfenfury
Contributor
Contributor

I got contacted today and was told that the engineer said "this issue should have been fixed by now" and I was asked to verify - it is STILL NOT FIXED!  

If I took away your ability to make money for weeks on end, I think you'd be a little **bleep** too. 

Login to Me Too

MasterChief1
New Community Member

Hi

We are having the same issue and I came across this post after looking around for a solution.

Has anyone found a fix for this please???

Thank you

Login to Me Too

droppingpp
Contributor
Contributor

ABSOLUTELY unacceptable - PP has had this issue for a LONG time. I just found out about this problem, which leads my customers to believe that they are paying TWICE. While making our business seem like a double billing SCAM- GRRRRR X 1,000!!!!

PP: I am taking the $30,000 ++ [thirty thousand] a year, that I pay you in fees elsewhere, and closing my business account, within a month.

THIS - is the last straw!! How many customers have NOT ordered because of this outrageous paypal incompetent coding problem?? You are D - O - N - E costing our business money!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.