creating business account

CRK109
New Community Member

I've just begun selling on ebay and I'm told I need to set up a business account.  I have tried and tried and I keep getting this error message:

• We’re sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please try again.

No clue what I'm doing wrong.  Can someone please give me some advice here?  Thanks so much.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

mdwh
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem as you. I wanted a premier account as I'm just a casual individual seller, but it seems these are phased out (as with https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Business/Premier-Account-quot-Business-Name-quot/td-p/9573... ), so like you I clicked to upgrade, entered by real name as the business name and selected Individual, but now get stuck at that screen, even if I try relogging in.

This happens on the "Provide information for" screen. I've entered by date of birth, ticked home address is the same as business address, but keep getting "We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please try again." everytime I click Continue.

Can anyone help? It means we're locked out so we can't even continue using our accounts as personal accounts.

More generally, is there any news/info on the switch from Premier to Business accounts - e.g., what happens to people who currently have Premier accounts, were they automatically switched?

Login to Me Too

mdwh
Contributor
Contributor

I found a workaround: after getting the message when trying to log in, go manually to https://www.paypal.com . I found that I was logged in, and able to use everything. I don't know if that helps for you?

Now I no longer get the message - not sure if it's just been fixed, or was due to me entering other information.

Another oddity is that under Account set-up, under "Finish setting up so you can open for business.", I've filled in all the steps, but now got stuck at "Confirm your personal information" - I've done this, but it just shows the "To Do" icon with no option to change anything. At the top it says both "Congratulations. You have successfully lifted your withdrawal and receiving limits." and "Your account has a receiving limit. To remove this limit complete the steps contained in the table below." !

Login to Me Too

jahogan
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem with 

• spent lots of time with 3 different techs.  
  • they tell me that my account is set up as a business
  • but I can not log in.  When i enter id and password it keeps going back to more information.  when i submit i get 
  • Any one know how to fix this?
Login to Me Too

PathToEternity
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this problem. I can hack my way into the main account area by clicking Contact Us at the bottom and then getting where I need to go, but the screen pops up unexpectedly and both of the CS reps I talked to were adamant everything was fine on their end and it must be me (even though I can reproduce the problem in multiple browsers on multiple devices).

Login to Me Too

mojokagi
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem and the techs haven't been able to help. Supposedly it's been handed over to another dept and I'm supposed to hear from them in 48-72 hours. I can't even transfer money into my bank after I do the work around of getting to some of my acct through the Contact Us button on the bottom of the page. I was getting a DNS server error, but now I just get bumped back to the Identification Verification page when I try to withdraw money. I can't get intop my profile either. My Ebay sales ahve died and I'm concerned that ny Paypal account is a problem.  

Login to Me Too

GiorFx
New Community Member
I'm also having the same problem, since last Saturday, and they still didn't fix the problem, I needed to use the money I have in PayPal but I can't, this is really crazy.
Login to Me Too

Sindenky
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to create a new account as a buisness account and am getting the same error. 
I really hope they resolve this, ive been holding off on listing any of my items untill i can get micropayments set up.

Login to Me Too

PathToEternity
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still having this issue after speaking to eight different PayPal employees over the course of five separate phone calls. None of them have been aware of this problem until I help them find this thread (which has now become the top Google result for "We’re sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please try again."). The problem, however, continues to go unresolved with promises that someone in one department or another (IT, I was told most recently) will fix the issue and to try it again in 24 hours.

To provide some more information to others and anyone working on this, after logging in this is the URL reached instead of the account summary page:

https://www.paypal.com/us/merchantsignup/personalInfo

This is what the page looks like, with personal information removed:

http://i.imgur.com/tCS62ou.png

The first two larger black boxes cover my first name and the next two fields come pre-populated with the last four of my SSN and my date of birth.

Hopefully this is helpful and if I get this resolved I will post an update.

Login to Me Too

RocketPopInc
Contributor
Contributor

This has been happening to me as well without any response from customer service. 
It's getting frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.