cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip code error when trying to sign up for a PayPal business account

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Re: Zip code error when trying to sign up for a PayPal business account

You  business and your PayPal account must be in the same country.

So, you move to U.S. to establish your PayPal busienss acocunt or you move your businnes to your current country where you have your PayPal account.

The other option is to find a differnt payment processing system as PayPal will not work for your current situation.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

You  business and your PayPal account must be in the same country.

So, you move to U.S. to establish your PayPal busienss acocunt or you move your businnes to your current country where you have your PayPal account.

The other option is to find a differnt payment processing system as PayPal will not work for your current situation.

he wants to get around this problem by opening an account with country of residence = France,a company registered in USA which operates in France and its prinicipal address in France. 

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

I realize he wants to circumvent PayPal cross-border policies and regulations.  I guess he can just keep on trying until the account is limited for suspcious activity.

Highlighted
Contributor

@DPCreations & @lancelotme

Thank you for your detailed answers. The situation is clear:  to open a PayPal business account the owner of the business must be a resident of the country in which the business is registered.

I want to point out that to own a company registered in a different country than your country of residence is perfectly legal. So, my situation, although uncommon, is legal and justified by my business objectives. The only problem is that PayPal doesn't accept these kind of situations. So, when I opened this topic I wasn't interested to circumvent the rules or to trick PayPal. I was only interested to know which are their requirements, so as to avoid being limited or suspended after opening the account. Now I know I can't open the account and I won't open it. I'll try to look to other payment processors.

Cheers!