Wonder Woman Sweepstakes: Scam or Not

onlyeric
New Community Member

I received a Email regarding a PayPal sweepstake dealing with the upcoming Wonder Woman movie, I just wanted to make sure it's not a Scam.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everyone!

Stopping in with the Lasso of Truth on this contest! 😉 I wanted to confirm that the Wonder Woman Sweepstakes is legitimate! 😄

Further details on the sweepstakes and how to enter can be found on the PayPal Blog.

It’s always good to be cautious about suspicious looking emails and we apologize for any confusion on this promotion! For more information on identifying phishing or suspicious websites, please visit our Security page here

As always, we appreciate everyone’s efforts to keep the PayPal network safe and secure! Have a WONDERful weekend! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@onlyeric

As you have given no details then how are we supposed to know?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zbq1985
New Community Member

this is the link. from the email i was sent.  Either you know or you don't

https://www.paypal-promo.com/wonder-woman/

Login to Me Too

RevJoeB
New Community Member

The domain PayPal-Promo.com appears to be a legit PayPal site.

https://www.whois.com/whois/paypal-promo.com

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What is the real email address of the sender?

Login to Me Too

dolbysound
Contributor
Contributor

pretty sure it's safe can be found on a PayPal blog post Here 

Login to Me Too

eema2emma
New Community Member

Does the URL bar show a lock next to PayPal, Inc. to the left of the URL? If so, it should be fine. 

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@onlyeric  I  just did a search for PayPal Sweepstakes Wonder Woman and a ton of them come up for all kinds of vendors, Marie Claire, amctheatres, thinkThin, Reddit, etc..  I normally don't click links in posts, no offense but you never know when it takes you to someplace you don't want to go ...

Login to Me Too

webenomads
Contributor
Contributor

WHEN IN DOUBT, DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN SUSPICIOUS EMAILS!

I received the same "Wonder Woman" contest email this morning. I immediately forwarded a copy to spoof@paypal.com.

I'd advise you to do the same. I intend to ignore the email until I get the "all clear" from PayPal. If PayPal says it's a scam, I will trash the email and empty my trash can.

Login to Me Too

SherriB
Contributor
Contributor
The rules say no purchase required. Yet you have to spend money to be entered into the contest. That's illegal and a well known fact. So PayPal, what's the deal with this contest?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.