Why is PayPal Stealing from me?

JonMoya
Contributor
Contributor

So I had 0.83 Cents on my paypal account and I was keeping it ther to pay my ebay account 0.76 cents. Then some one bought and Xbox One from me for $ 190.00 dollars. Ther was a problem and I had to refund the buyer. So when I go back to pay pay to check my balance I only have 0.53 cents. There is not receip for any amount more than the refund. So Why is PayPal clearly stealing from me 0.30 cents. This is not the fist time I experiance this. Before when I sold something I would see that the amout was not what ebay said (and this is before ebay took it's 10% cut). But I was never sure. Now on the other hand I can clearly see it because it was in a smaller amount. I want my money back, I need my money back. Why is this happening? Why are Paypal thieves?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@JonMoya wrote:

@Whac-A-Mole wrote:

to refund a payment,there is a 30 cents transaction fee .

every transaction has a transaction fee,charged by the processing network

It is never writen that the agredment for this fee is $ 0.30 cents. It just says that it take that fee out from the person issuing the refund. So that means that they could take more if the see it fit.

I used to have my merchant account to accept credit card.

when someone bought from me and paid with his credit card,I paid a transaction fee plus discount rate.

when he returned the item,I issued him a refund,there is also a transaction fee plus  a smaller discount rate.

so you see,the network which handles all the card processing charge the fees,each time there is a transaction,be it debit or credit.

Paypal has a merchant account and accept credit cards for us,it passes the fees to us with a markup.

to pay its bill,like keep this forum running.

if you feel it is not fair,you can find another payment processor or accept non credit card payment

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Very clearly PayPal is following it's published fee and refund policies.  When you refund for a purchase, the $0.30 fixed fee is NOT reversed.

For more information click on Legal at the bottom of the page and then review User Agreement for fees and refunds.

Login to Me Too

JonMoya
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

Very clearly PayPal is following it's published fee and refund policies.  When you refund for a purchase, the $0.30 fixed fee is NOT reversed.

For more information click on Legal at the bottom of the page and then review User Agreement for fees and refunds.

Is this what you mean? 

If you refund a payment for good or services, we will retain the fixed fee portion of the fees you paid as the seller.  The buyer’s PayPal account will be credited with the full payment amount and the fixed fee portion of the fees you paid as the seller will be deducted from your PayPal account in addition to the amount of the refunded payment.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Login to Me Too

JonMoya
Contributor
Contributor

@Whac-A-Mole wrote:

It is never writen that the agredment for this fee is $ 0.30 cents. It just says that it take that fee out from the person issuing the refund. So that means that they could take more if the see it fit.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@JonMoya wrote:

@Whac-A-Mole wrote:

I used to have my merchant account to accept credit card.

when someone bought from me and paid with his credit card,I paid a transaction fee plus discount rate.

when he returned the item,I issued him a refund,there is also a transaction fee plus  a smaller discount rate.

so you see,the network which handles all the card processing charge the fees,each time there is a transaction,be it debit or credit.

Paypal has a merchant account and accept credit cards for us,it passes the fees to us with a markup.

to pay its bill,like keep this forum running.

if you feel it is not fair,you can find another payment processor or accept non credit card payment

Login to Me Too

JonMoya
Contributor
Contributor

Well, that cleared up more things. Now here is the thing I am not collecting the money to any bank just keeping it here on paypal, but I get what you are trying to say. I would no be as upset if they strait up tell you that this is what they are doing insted of masking it as fixed fee. Not everyone knows what that even implies. I miself had to do some reasearch and read all the "contract" (if you will). Anyway thank you for futhering the explanation. Also it would be better if they did it like ebay, that they only charge you if you have made a successful transaction. Because otherwise it is still stealing (even if I agree to their terms and then latter on they changed them).

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor
Also it would be better if they did it like ebay, that they only charge you if you have made a successful transaction. Because otherwise it is still stealing (even if I agree to their terms and then latter on they changed them).
----------
what is your definition of successful transaction?
Ebay is a sales venue,if you did not sell anything,it does not take FVF.
But Paypal is a payment processor,it processes your payment successfully,there are fees involved,whether it is a debit or a credit.
Part of that fee goes to the gateway,the bank and whoever provides the network.
Login to Me Too

creditfightrer
Contributor
Contributor

RIGHT ON JonMoya!

I agree 100% but it's hard to be the service from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.