Why charge me twice for being a seller?

Mrs_Lavender
Contributor
Contributor
I sell smaller budget items on ebay every now and again, and it really has gotten to me that paypal is charging me double fees along with ebays horrendous seller fee and sometimes insertion fees! Not only am i being charged 2.9% of my total sale price, but a completely random and very unnecessary! .30c. Why paypal? It really makes it hard on us smaller sellers who are wanting to sell items for $5-$10. I just dont feel right about you charging me twice and i want answers please.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal's standard fee is 2.9% + $.30 on the total amount of each transaction.  

As for selling small value items, you may want to checkout PayPal's micropayments - price is 5% + $.05 and is designed for merchants who process low-value transactions (typically under $10 in value). The micropayments rate is available to all merchants and in all countries where Business accounts are available.   If you sign up for micropayments, you will be charged the micropayments rate on all transactions regardless of payment size.

Examples -

* You're selling a $5.00 item - at the standard rate - PayPal would charge $.45 and your balance would be $4.55

* Compared to Micropayments - PayPal would charge $.30 and your balance would be $4.70

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.