When did PayPal start charging a fee on the sale of all goods and services ie: eBay sales?

redmannone
Contributor
Contributor

I just noticed that PayPal (owned by eBay) is now chargeing me a 20% + $.30 FEE on EVERY sale of goods and services ie eBay sales! Talk about double dipping!! I am already billed  a hefty amount direct each month through my PayPal account by eBay on every dollar I receive in payment for Items I already own that I sell on eBay (eBay bills a percentage of the FULL sales amount which includes the amount I pay out to the shiping complany ) irreguardless of how shipping cost is factered into every item I sell!  Which means I am getting INVOICED on money I charge the buyer (included in the pruchase price or listed seperately) that I HAVE TO PAY OUT TO THE SHIPPER for transporting and insuring !  To add insult to injury I am now being charged a FEE by PayPal on the amount a buyer pays me and received into my account as well as the SAME fee amount when and if  I REFUND the purchase price of a sale to a buyer! Talk about a scam! I will be looking into other on line companys to sell my antiques on, or just sell at yard sales.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

EBAY IS a sales venue,when you sell something on Ebay,Ebay charges a final value fee on shipping and item price,it bills you each month.

when buyer makes payment,and uses Paypal to pay you,you the seller pays Paypal a fee for taking the risk ,fee is 30 cents transaction fee of 2.9 -4 1/2 %,if you accep foreign currency,then you pay a currency conversion fee of 3 %.

are you selling on Ebay USA,then your asking price is in US DOLLARS,so a foreign buyer will pick up conversion fee of 3 %,but if he is using a foreign bank issued credit card,your fee would be 30 cents plus 4 1/2 %.

Most buyers use their credit card and there are fees involved in accepting credit cards.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Ebay and Paypal are now 2 separate companies,by 2020,Ebay is no longer obligated to allow Paypal as premier payment processor on Ebay.

ebay charges a fee as it provides a venue for you to sell and make money,Paypal charges you a fee to accept payments from all over the world,whether it is their paypal fund,bank transfer or credit/debit card,it also offers U seller protection.

you should download a fee schedule from Paypal

Login to Me Too

redmannone
Contributor
Contributor

until the end of April 2017 PayPal had never charged me ANY fee for payments from customers useing ANY payment method  through eBay sales ( I only sell domesticly). That is why I was wondering when they made this change in polocy? They eBay may have sold PayPal but owner ship has not transfered as yet per your statement in your response nor had I ever been billed a fee on sales until now. I was never informed of this new fee EVER by anyone.  But if this is they way they PayPal is going to contenue to do business in sales through eBay then I will be looking for some other way to sell my items where I will not have to shoulder the cost of Their doing business.

Login to Me Too

Gary0213
New Community Member

It had to be recently, i spoke with someone from paypal and they couldnt tell me when they started doing it, i used to sell a lot of automotive parts over the internet and never got charged any fees from my transactions with customers using credit cards, gift cards or debit cards.. if this is the way PayPal is going to be from now on, i have no problem finding another way to conduct my business.  I always remember PayPal being free and not just from friends and family... if i wanted to do that id sign up for venmo but that is not the case here.. im hoping someone from the greedy paypal team reads this and sees how unhappy people are

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.