What the hell is going on?

riffolen
Contributor
Contributor

This issue gets on my nerves....

So 2-3 months ago i was placed as "new seller" , which means all payments were on hold for 21 days and requirements to get it removed was next : 

Complete 10 transactions without any buyer disputes, claims, or returns.   --- DONE

Keep your payments as a pending balance for 60 days from the date you receive your first payment.  --- DONE

^it was removed, after that everything that was $100+ was placed on hold balance, rest of payments i received to my main balance.

BUT NOW AFTER MONTH IT ALL STARTS OVER AGAIN????

Complete 10 transactions without any buyer disputes, claims, or returns. (177 done)

Keep your payments as a pending balance for 60 days from the date you receive your first payment. (0 Days done)

WHAT THE HELL is that? How many times i have to get it completed???? im getting tired of this.....

Give me suggestion to get read of it, i feel its totally unfair if this happens every 2 months lmao...

177 deals done and there is barely dispute, so it cant be reason....

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@riffolen

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

riffolen
Contributor
Contributor

So paypal is going to do it every 2 months ??

like im totally unavailable to use money for 21 days... this is most stupid thing i ever seen, i did all that once, why they keep doing this... its so sad

does making business acc changes anything???

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@riffolen

I have no idea if they are going to do it every 2 months, all I can do is gave you possible reasons on why sellers are put back on the hold.

And if it is the 'new seller hold' then you rarely wait 21 days. When I went through it I never waited longer than a week.

You haven't said if its Ebays hold, or Paypals hold for non-Ebay sales? The reason I ask is that both companies have separate policies for the 'new seller hold'.

Funds are normally released though when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3-7 days.

If its Ebay then give Ebay a call and ask why you have been put back on the hold??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

riffolen
Contributor
Contributor

so does upgrading to business account changes anything or i keep getting these limits??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.