What's wrong with the "Ready to Ship" button??

Jendreamlegging
Contributor
Contributor
I've been using PayPal to run my online women's clothing boutique since Oct. 2015. It's always run smoothly UNTIL a month or two ago!! Now, I can't even keep track of what I've shipped to who, etc!! I send invoices to 99% of my customers base, and when they pay I USED to be able to easily click the "Ready to Ship" button from the "Activity" page, and go down the list of what needs to be shipped to each customer. NOW- when I click on "Ready to Ship" 98% of the time I get an error message back saying "There are no transactions for this date range". WHY does it only SOMETIMES work?? Most of the time it WONT work- I get this dumb message! It's beyond frustrating, and makes my daily work a living **bleep**. Seriously. I HATE WITH A PASSION the "Multi-Order-Shipping" tool or JOKE of a "tool". It rarely ever works either! I use my iPhone 6s+ for the majority of my biz, and I just seriously cannot deal with Paypal's horribly outdated system. It's slowly driving me insane. If PayPal doesn't get it together & fix these issues ASAP- I'll have no other choice but to switch to another platform, like Square, etc. The Multi-Order-Shipping is so outdated looking- it's aggravating to say the least, to try & navigate thru. There should be some sort of way to import all of the data from each invoice to the multi-order-shipping area, so if I have a list of 60 orders that need to be shipped, I can 1.- print off a list of what needs to go out in those orders, and 2. The items in each invoice should automatically import over to the multi-shipping area, NOT JUST the customers name & address! I'm so done with ripping my hair out on a daily basis with this ridiculous Paypal!!! GET IT TOGETHER!!!! PLEASE!!!!
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kondeck
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - 

I am very sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I have send your feedback to the shipping team to make sure that they see it.

Also please note that you can click the 'shipping label' link from the invoice details page.  

Regards,

Kristen

Login to Me Too

RWC
Contributor
Contributor

The button has never work with the new format, it just gives the message........ "There are no transactions for this date range.", under the Classic format it works fine.

PayPal needs to get on the ball and FIX the program that runs it.

Login to Me Too

Jendreamlegging
Contributor
Contributor
I've about had it with PayPal!! Their whole platform just sucks IMO. What's worse is I can't think of any other platforms that are like PayPal- that have all I need... Payments, accounting, charts/graphs, and most importantly SHIPPING!!! I own a rapidly growing online women's boutique & ship out HUNDREDS of packages per month. There has GOT to be an easier, more updated platform out there, besides PayPal?!! Or does PayPal have the monopoly & we are all just STUCK with no other choices?!! My biz would benefit tremendously if I was able to print out a daily spreadsheet, that has every invoice #, customer details, & most importantly THE ITEMS IN EACH INVOICE!! I'm spending half my day going thru each invoice, clicking on each one so I can open it and see what's on their invoices. It's STUPID they don't have it more user friendly!!! And don't get me started on the ridiculously DUMB multi-order shipping platform. OMG Makes me bang my head on my desk day after day, fighting with that OUTDATED system!! Forget about using it on an iPhone or iPad~~ WONT WORK!! If anyone knows of another program BESIDES PayPal, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share with me!!! I'm at my wits end at this point & am so beyond frustrated I'm even considering shutting down my biz because of the insane extra hours I'm wasting away fighting with the stupid PayPal system! I'm grossing over $15k per month, & I run and work my entire biz ALL BY MYSELF! No help at all- just me! If something doesn't change with how things are running soon, I'm done.
Login to Me Too

kristylh
New Community Member

Yes!  There are professional versions for the amount of sales you do per month.  And they do EVERYTHING!  Google it.  Something for that volume I just talked to a business owner and he spends $30 per mth for billing/shipping.  And another $30 for the online storefront.  Well worth the money.  Google it.  🙂

@Jendreamlegging wrote:
I've about had it with PayPal!! Their whole platform just sucks IMO. What's worse is I can't think of any other platforms that are like PayPal- that have all I need... Payments, accounting, charts/graphs, and most importantly SHIPPING!!! I own a rapidly growing online women's boutique & ship out HUNDREDS of packages per month. There has GOT to be an easier, more updated platform out there, besides PayPal?!! Or does PayPal have the monopoly & we are all just STUCK with no other choices?!! My biz would benefit tremendously if I was able to print out a daily spreadsheet, that has every invoice #, customer details, & most importantly THE ITEMS IN EACH INVOICE!! I'm spending half my day going thru each invoice, clicking on each one so I can open it and see what's on their invoices. It's STUPID they don't have it more user friendly!!! And don't get me started on the ridiculously DUMB multi-order shipping platform. OMG Makes me bang my head on my desk day after day, fighting with that OUTDATED system!! Forget about using it on an iPhone or iPad~~ WONT WORK!! If anyone knows of another program BESIDES PayPal, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share with me!!! I'm at my wits end at this point & am so beyond frustrated I'm even considering shutting down my biz because of the insane extra hours I'm wasting away fighting with the stupid PayPal system! I'm grossing over $15k per month, & I run and work my entire biz ALL BY MYSELF! No help at all- just me! If something doesn't change with how things are running soon, I'm done.

Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

The Ready to ship "no transactions in this date range" still happening AND the MOS tool is now EVEN WORSE because they changed it and there is 1) No way to change the shipping date to another date when all other apps (including the old MOS) allowed the shipping date to be changed to a future date within the next 3 business days.  MOST sellers print their labels the night or day before to ensure they have plenty of time to print labels should any problems arise, which 1 out of 3 times there will be with Paypal shipping, whether it be errors or "try again later" due to USPS being busy and Paypal not being able to connect.  This post was written almost a year ago and the issue for the Ready to ship button is still an issue, so what does that tell you about paypal even caring about the problems we have with their tools?

Login to Me Too

Daisyjayne
New Community Member

Thank you for your post, this maybe an old post, but I am still suffering the problems. I contacted pay pal and they say they are working on it.  How long does it take to fix.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Try www.paypal.com/history

Bookmark it.  And there is no more "Ready To Ship" button.  Hadn't seen it in a long time, even in the classic version.  It just says "Print Shipping Label", these days.  Use the More Filters drop down menu and go down to Shipping > Items To Ship

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

phreaktor
Contributor
Contributor

Still happening.... 

Login to Me Too

RWC
Contributor
Contributor

The "Ready To Ship" button still not working, lets see that's about a year they been working on it. I've been told several times by PayPal supervisors that the tech team takes the issues with the most complaints first and everything else waits or never gets resolved. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.