Wants me to Register as a Bussiness yet i'm not a Bussiness.

Kingsman360
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've had a warning from paypal telling me that I need to upgrade my paypal account and become a bussiness and untill i've done that they've frozen my account, i'm only 18 and i've not got much experience with Paypal and I certainly don't want to register my account as a bussiness as I don't have a net monthly income and because these are donations that people give to me.

I run an online gaming community, people give me money so I can pay for a decent website, keep my online server up and improve the gameplay I don't keep any money for myself however I have spent some money on my PC so I can help run the community better such as buying a better microphone.

I'd like to get the money back as I need it for the community, any advice?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Even non-profits are businesses.

How you want to classsify yourself is not relevant.  Apparently PayPal considers your activites business.  If you feel that is incorrect, you'll need to call PayPal customer service and explain.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You are running an online gaming community and your take in money.  You ARE a bsuiness.  You'll need to comply with PayPal requests and policies which you acepted when signing up.

Login to Me Too

Kingsman360
Contributor
Contributor

This is not a bussiness, this is a non-profit thing I do for abit of fun all the money is for the server. I cannot verify myself as a bussiness because I'm not a bussiness, I have no monthly income, no bussiness module, no product to sell.

The fact here being they've frozen my account with no clear way for me to get it back, if needed i'd like to withdraw all the money from the paypal account and put it into my account and stop donations in the community entirely.

Just saying "Oh, this is a bussiness" do what it says

Is the least helpful piece of advice i've had so far.

Login to Me Too

gdscheibe
New Community Member

You're techincally running a non-profit sole proprietor buisness.  Paypal makes you register it for tax reasons to provent embezlment and tax evasion.  Just make a buisness account put in your name and SSN and you're good to go and will have your money back. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Even non-profits are businesses.

How you want to classsify yourself is not relevant.  Apparently PayPal considers your activites business.  If you feel that is incorrect, you'll need to call PayPal customer service and explain.

Login to Me Too

Kingsman360
Contributor
Contributor

Do you know a number I could call and a good time?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Check the contact link at the bottom of the PayPal page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.