Waiting on a pending e-check for more than 2 weeks

ashlie1982
Contributor
Contributor

I received an e-check payment on Sept 23, the money was taken out of my customers acct on the 25th (i personally know her and saw her bank statement, lol) but it is currently still pending according to my paypal "manage invoices".  I have not sent her the items due to the "pending" status, but am wondering what is going on as she has been waiting forever and from her bank info, it's been paid on her end. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of the transaction on your PayPal activity list on your computer?

The the payment shows pending, then just wait; it's not your problem.  The problem is with the buyer's funding source.  Trust PayPal.

Have you seend a paper statement about the buyer's account or just a screnshot?

Login to Me Too

ashlie1982
Contributor
Contributor
According to the activity, the payment has processed. That's why I'm so confused. All the echeck payments I've received have gone through within 5 days and have never said processed in the activity but not the invoice management.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

On your computer there is an activity list. Click on the transaction and there is a page of details. Is the payment completed? Is it OK to ship? Is it eligible for seller protection?

Login to Me Too

ashlie1982
Contributor
Contributor
Yup, as I said above, it's cleared/processed in the activity list. I went back to all of this customers transactions and there are 15. All were e-checks and there is 1 from January that still reads "pending". I'm just going to take it as paypal doesn't have its "#%\ together for some reason! Wish I knew why the invoices/activity aren't the same. Oh well.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What does it show on the details page; that's a full page just for the single transaction?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.