Under 18 but have bank account.

AdamFerrell
New Community Member
My friend works and is 17. He has a bank account because of his job and he's filed his taxes before. He wants to create a PayPal account so he can send and receive payments safer and easier. Is there a way for him to use the system or no?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's great to have bank accounts at a young age.  It's good to have a checking account while very young.  It's a good way to learn to manage money.

The problem, however, with PayPal is that a member must be at as it is the age for business contract.  

For now your friend should just learn to manage his finances extremely well so he is ready for PayPal when he turns 18.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's great to have bank accounts at a young age.  It's good to have a checking account while very young.  It's a good way to learn to manage money.

The problem, however, with PayPal is that a member must be at as it is the age for business contract.  

For now your friend should just learn to manage his finances extremely well so he is ready for PayPal when he turns 18.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.