Unbelievable hold times to get support on the phone....

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

I needed to contact Pay Pal Support by telephone, and after entering my one-time passcode, I was put on hold to wait for an available agent....

When I say put on hold, I MEAN put on HOLD (for like almost an hour)!! Man Mad  It was ludicrous really, but I guess they figure they can thin the complaint crowd like that or something. Whatever the case, has anyone else been subjected to this, or is it just a fluke on me??

Thanks in advance!!

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I generally don't have to wait more than a few minutes when I use the pass-code. I'm also prepared to put the phone on speaker and just go about other computer activity while I wait.

Even after you get through you may not reach a knowledgeable agent so persistence and patience are important. 

Login to Me Too

TickedOff2
Contributor
Contributor

But the system never asks for the Passcode anymore! Paypal service is going downhill fast.

Login to Me Too

dkn2
New Community Member

ME TOO, first time calling, waiting on hold 35 mins, took about 5 mins to get through the robot and I have a simple matter.  Why does anyone use this.  I am probably going to stop using this.  I thought people used because it was so fast and simple...what a joke

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you have a good business and need better service/handholding,find another service.

Paypal customer service is very poor,and the fee they charge is not cheap.

Login to Me Too

coachjonesd
Contributor
Contributor

I've been on hold for 3 hours and 21 minutes now!
Hate to hang up but and risk starting over...

This is ridiculous. Shame on you Paypal.

Login to Me Too

carltherave
New Community Member

this is also occuring here in the UK i've been on hold with paypal for over an hour and no apologies was sent from their automated system

Login to Me Too

karenIWCA
Contributor
Contributor

I've been sitting here  for 45 minutes waiting for a supervisor to follow up on fixing a problem that they made a few months ago when switching people on the account.  This is ridiculous.  I'm really sick of hearing all those phone ads, over and over again.  I guess my time isn't worth anything.

Login to Me Too

Johnnievinyl
Contributor
Contributor

2 hrs 4 min and going

Login to Me Too

Plus8
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn’t get an option to speak to anyone as the automated system is far to limited in options and navigation!

Apple have a superb system and PayPal should look at it to use.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.