Unable to withdraw funds

czt
Contributor
Contributor

I'm unable to withdraw my funds to my bank account.

Using the Withdraw page (https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/wallet/withdraw)

Error shows up telling me to withdraw using the old view. So I followed it.

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 1.56.07 PM.png

In the old view, withdrawing the same amount, but when clicking continue, it just refreshes the page.

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 1.56.53 PM.png

Contacted support already, but not really helpful since he/she recommended some straightforward stuff (which I followed but still did not work), and now there's still no reply from them.

Following the AJAX request, I can see the error below:

error: {
  code: "40047",
  message: "Sorry, but we need more information. Please <a href="/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_withdraw-funds">withdraw funds</a> on our old account view instead."
}

What should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

czt
Contributor
Contributor

Issue has been resolved. It turns out that my account has been locked (due to false positive) and ability to withdraw has been disabled. Give it 24 hours and you'll be able to have full access again. I recommend having more informative error messages than "We need more information" and pages refreshing. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

LEAHLEILAH
Contributor
Contributor

I also am having an issue with (PayPal) retrieving my recent sale on ebay.  I have gotten nowhere with both ebay and PayPal.  Both Customer Service centers are located offshore, somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean where you also cannot understand them nor do they understand your question.  Hunt around on the website below for resolution:

http://e-powersellers.com/eBay_PayPal_Contact.htm

Login to Me Too
Solved

czt
Contributor
Contributor

Issue has been resolved. It turns out that my account has been locked (due to false positive) and ability to withdraw has been disabled. Give it 24 hours and you'll be able to have full access again. I recommend having more informative error messages than "We need more information" and pages refreshing. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

LEAHLEILAH
Contributor
Contributor

I do not get any error messages.  My account just says "on hold, payment pending".  Again, I have called customer service to many times and have not been given a valid reason as to why my money is on hold.  I surfed the web and mine is not an isolated incidence.  Seems PayPal does this A LOT.  I have filed for an investigation with my States (Nebraska) Attorney General's office.  PayPal has an office in Omaha. I have also requested an investigation with Senator's Sasse and Fischer.  Representatives (NE), Bacon, Smith and Fortenberry.  Also reported PayPal's behavior to some interesting cabinets on a Federal level in Washington (DC).

I will never be told again from PayPal when asked "Why are you doing this" and the response I got was"Because we can".

Login to Me Too

Rufuss7
Contributor
Contributor
Two days I’ve been unable to withdraw funds.. I’ve been tryin to draw $100 off of the $500 that’s in there. Nope.. can’t do it... certainly an inconvenience.. had to roll change for foodn gas today!
Login to Me Too

Steviebeevy
Contributor
Contributor
I have no idea why my PayPal card is locked or whatever the reason is but it's me Steve fisbeck I need to retrieve all my $92
Login to Me Too

Steviebeevy
Contributor
Contributor
I need my $92 now please
Login to Me Too

Steviebeevy
Contributor
Contributor
Please make my $92 okay to take out now
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.