Too many "Transaction under PayPal Payment Review" ?

pp2017acc
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

does anyone else experience an increase in payments that are under review?

For last few hours my client received 6 payments and 4 of them are now "Transaction # under PayPal Payment Review".

I didn't change any code on the payment application, so it should be on PayPal dev side.

I found this question from today in stackexchange, where another site owner is having nearly 10% of its payments under review:

https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/108082/sudden-increase-in-paypal-payment-review

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

carlhancock
New Community Member

Yes.  We are also experiencing this issue. Beginning at 4am EST this morning. We have had 18 transactions come in that were flagged by PayPal and placed under review in the last 12 hours.

We have been using PayPal to process our transactions since 2009 and do a lot of volume. Up until this point these Payment Reviews happened very infrequently.  They went from being infrequent to 18 (and counting) in a 12 hour time span.

Do you use a shopping cart service or self-hosted ecommerce solution and if so which one? Or do you have a custom implementation? Trying to find some commonalities with people reporting this issue to have as much information to provide PayPal so it can be investigated.

Something is going on and I hope someone from PayPal investigates ASAP. It isn't a coincidence that others are experiencing the same issue.  I've submitted a support ticket with PayPal and I am awaiting a response.

Login to Me Too

LuckyCat1
New Community Member

My guess is that some government agency is putting the heat on Paypal for money laundering or something so now they're reviewing lots of payments.

Login to Me Too

pp2017acc
Contributor
Contributor

@carlhancock I am using a custom payment script, written following PayPal's guides and recommendations, so I don't think that the problem is on our side. There are more topics like this over the internet complaining about the same issue.

Please let us know when customer support gets back to you.

Login to Me Too

rzkrzk
New Community Member

Same problem in last few hours

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.