Threats and harassment

BrianStephenson
Contributor
Contributor
I paid for a guitar 3 months ago they still haven't sent it now they are saying they will mail it to me in pieces just so there's a tracking number because I filed a dispute. What do I do?
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the payment by credit card, file a chargeback with the card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BrianStephenson
Contributor
Contributor
I did. How do I do that?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Call the number on back of card to speak with a representative, or log on to your CC online account, dig up the charge transaction and click on the link to dispute it.

Login to Me Too

BrianStephenson
Contributor
Contributor
If they mail me a bogus package just to create a tracking number will this effect my dispute or charge back?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

2 months ago you should have filed a dispute for Item not received, before the seller got angry.

Now you have a serious problem.

Still, do is NOW with no more delays or excuses!

Expect more problems.  The longer you wait the more chance you are giving the seller to mail an empty or fake package with a tracking number just to show delivery.  If you had done that earlier you could have caught the seller off guard; now the seller is ready to respond.

When you do get your tracked package, make sure your take pictures of the label, the package, and your progression as you open the package.

You could then file an appeal with a phone call to PayPal support.

In the meantime clike on "legal" at the bottom of the page and thoroughly review PayPal policies for buyers and sellers.

Login to Me Too

BrianStephenson
Contributor
Contributor

i lost the dispute dispite the fact i provided tons of evidence now i lost my money and have a junk guitar that i didnt order because paypal is stupid what can i do now

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Was the dispute filed through PayPal?

Login to Me Too

BrianStephenson
Contributor
Contributor
Yes and I sent several documents of evidence
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

See if you can appeal the closed case.  What reason did you file dispute as initially?  Item Not Received?  If you lost an Item Not Received case, appeal it and change the reason to SNAD (Not as described) so you can return for refund.  Reach out to customer support to do this.  If PayPal refuses to do this and that their decision is final and your credit card won't assist in any way then I'm afraid you're out of options.

Call during business hours, early and on West Coast time.  Click Guest link to get number and hours. Press zero when on the line for an agent.  Make sure you get a US agent. If an agent is not helpful, hang up and try again.  You just want to return item for a refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.