There has to be an easier way to quote ship fees exact and not refund overages

AboundingOdditi
Contributor
Contributor

So.........Shipping calculator once an invoice is paid is easy - what about one to allow us Exact Fee sellers to quote what we would pay using the PayPal shipping Before getting paid.

I prefer charging only the exact cost to me, not what the usps site or window makes me pay, but there isn't any way to calculate that Before sending an invoice.

I just had a big ta-doo with a customer, in trying to explain how I refunded his entire payment instead of the $5.57 LESS THAT HE WAS QUOTED TO PROTECT ME............IT MAKES YOU HAVE TO DO SEPARATE TRANSACTIONS, NOT REFUNDS FRO THE PAYMENT........................ dumb caps lock

What percent of the usps normal fees do we take off to get an accurate shipping fee to quote customers so that there isn't the mass confusion of hwy is he having to refund any on shipping when he told me how much it was.........and now it's different -Grr is what some of them say

There has to be a percentage of what we pay PP versus at the post window........what is it????

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't know how much the discount is but I do know that you can get exact costs if you went through PayPal.com/Shipping, fill out the information until you see the costs. Just make sure that you don't pay it, though. Here are the steps for single orders:

1. You will need to login into PayPal.
  2. If you haven't signed up, you will then need to go to PayPal.com/Shipping and click the "Sign up" button towards the bottom of the page.
  3. Once you are done signing up by following the instructions, if there were any, you can now go to PayPal.com/dashboard and click on "Activity"
  4. On the next page, you will need to find the customer order/transaction and click on it.
  5. Within the "Transaction details" you should see a link to print the shipping label. At this time, I don't have any orders and I don't remember what that link looks like.
  6. Next, just follow the steps that are provided through the links until you see the costs.

Bulk Orders/Multi-Order:

1. Login to your PayPal account at PayPal.
  2. Go to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_bulk-ship.
  3. A new page will open and provide instructions on how to import your transactions or create a new order.
  4. Click "Create new."
  5. Enter all of the required information and click "Save" and close.
  6. Next, click "Print" at the top of the page. Do not click on "Pay & Print."

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.