The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different ..

aliciaccs
Contributor
Contributor

we have a business paypal account and we haven´t added the bank account and credit card information, we started our business and we received 10 payments, all of this customer used the option "pay with credit or debit card" but now we can not receive payments because after enter all the information required for the credit card, paypal return the error:  "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number"  . It's necessary to add the bank account in our paypal account or it has nothing to do with it?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Nobody, said they were using PayPal Here.  Square was brought up in general.  PayPal tracks cards and sometimes people just use their cards that may have been added to accounts and in order to use them, they have to log in.  If you are using those advanced API integration, the merchant receives error codes and what it means in their logs..  If you are using PayPal standard payments, it's not that detailed.

In fact, PayPal Developer site lists all the error codes and error messages and what they mean.  Google it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

"Buyers do not always have the option to complete their purchases without using or creating a PayPal account. This option is presented based on several risk factors, including but not limited to the buyer's PayPal purchase history, PayPal cookies stored on the buyer's computer, the buyer's location, and/or a credit assessment."

https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ1623&expand=true&locale=en_US

She is not talking about selling on Ebay or Bonanza or Rubylane,she is talking about her customers entering their credit card to purchase from her (either in her brick and mortar shop or website),why do they need a Paypal account for?

Thats why I ask if she is referring to 'paypal here',it works like SQUARE.

There is something wrong with her Paypal setup as ten customers credit cards are rejected,

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Do you have your own website?

Which PAYPAL product are you using?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I'm trying to figure out the OP.

It looks like she was able to accept credit card payments from 10 buyers, but it is no longer possible.  It seems like she hasn't added a liked credit card and bank account to her PayPal account and she is asking if this is the reason buyers cannot make credit card purchase.

It seems that such is the answer: seller needs to add appropriate accounts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.