Suspicious Activity Alert

markhines
New Community Member

I just got an e-mail about some suspicious activity . i changed my password and my security questions,is there anything else I should do,or will this cover things?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Who sent the email?

Did you have any message alerts when logged into your Paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Maggie37
New Community Member

This is a copy of what I have been sent. I am presuming it is a scam but just want to be assured I can delete and block sender. Not sure if this is the correct way to notify you of suspicious activity.

copy of email <We are facing some problems with your account must work to solve the problem Immediately by logging into Your account from the link below and start the process
Of updating account safely and easily.

My email address is included here and following that is a Case ID number of 23 initials-4 sets of 3 numbers which I have been advised is not permitted so has been deleted.

Sign in >

When your account is closed all options are on hold
Which can not be recovered only after update your account, We are working to provide better protections to our Customers and we are now working to help you return your account.

Note: If you ignore update your account will be Closed!

Sincerely,

PayPal Support,>

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maggie37

Forward the email to spoof@paypal.com

If you log in to your PayPal account directly at the site and there are no banner alerts, cases open in the Resolution Center, it's likely spam/phishing email.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.