Subscription Modification Options

theaustin
Contributor
Contributor

I have a set of buttons that allow different levels of membership for my website.  For simplicity's sake, we'll call them: basic, plus and pro. All offer the same monthly renewals, but at different prices. 

My question is: how do I faciliate a subscriber that wants to upgrade from a basic to a plus or pro subscription?

Searching through the forums I've found a number of posts from 2012 and 2013 that reference a subscription modification setting on buttons.  However, when I follow the links to the tutorials they are referencing they just forward me to the "create a subscription button" support page.

Has this feature been removed for some strange reason?  Or is there a different way this is done now?

I can't believe paypal wouldn't have an option to change membership status without forcing the user to manually cancel or the account manager having to manually review the subscription and make changes.

Also, the ipn support page still references a subscr_modify transaction type, but I'm not sure if that is related or just similarly named.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.