Some customers say pay button doesnt work

TimBW
Contributor
Contributor

The last few days/weeks I had a notable slow down on sales and many times a day people mailing me to say they can't pay with paypal. The reasons seem vague and the last one told me he got a paypal message stating "there is a problem with the sellers account" .

I still get a few transactions though, so it seems to work for some, and there seems to be no problem with my account, no messages or anything. And for thoses customers I send them a payment request which always works.

I have been selling on my website for years with no problems, the HTML codes for the buy button date from 2013 so in an effort to solve the problem I asked the HTML code again from my paypal buttons and replaced it on my website (the new code was different from the old) but the problem remains.

thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

TimBW
Contributor
Contributor

TX for the help but meanwhile I was able to find the cause, my website had been converted to wordpress and the DEV copy pasted the paypal codes, but paypal and wordpress don't mix well apparently. You need to follow special procedures to get paypal to function.

Here is the link to a tutorial should anyone have a similar problem.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MAGICMIME
Contributor
Contributor

check your paypal account if it has a limitation... but if there's none, then youhave to recreate the button again on your website as the code of your old button is malfunctioning already.

Login to Me Too
Solved

TimBW
Contributor
Contributor

TX for the help but meanwhile I was able to find the cause, my website had been converted to wordpress and the DEV copy pasted the paypal codes, but paypal and wordpress don't mix well apparently. You need to follow special procedures to get paypal to function.

Here is the link to a tutorial should anyone have a similar problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.