Shipping to PO Boxes

BobMT
Contributor
Contributor

It is high time that sellers realize that FedEx and UPS both are turning packages over to THE US Post office for delevery and yet they will not accept a PO box for the address.  Some people do not get mail delivered to their street address and the mail carrirer will not dliver to them.  I am at the end of a rural; road where the post office will not go, yet FedEx and UPS both come to me.  If a leave a package at the Post Office with only a street adress on it, it can sit in a bin until they either figure out the buyer's box number or it can even be returned to the seller.  I have been playing a game of adding my box number behind my street address on the same line, but every once in a while a seller will still refure that.  I always cancel the order and buy from somebody else.  Wake up people! 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

it is all about seller protection,they must ship to a valid address shown in the PAypal You get cash email.

if when printing the shipping label,USPS flags your address is invalid,seller is forced to modify your address or abandon using the online lable feature.

if they use Fed Exp or UPS,same problem./

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

CAN YOU ASK YOUR SELLER TO SHIP USPS?

Login to Me Too

BobMT
Contributor
Contributor

Read it again.  I have to put the street address and PO box on the same line because sellers will refuse to show a second line and STILL it gets refused once in a while.  I can't be the only person with this problem.  Many businesses also use PO boxes and have no street delivery by USPS.    Asking people to ship to a PO box is not always possible as is asking for UPS.  I've been through this too many times to count.  When UPS and FedEx both started giving packages to USPS for delivery, without realizing that some people do not use street addresses for mail, they caused this problem.  Both have refused to address it and sellers are being stupid.  They let their computers run things, with no brain deciding common sense.  The only solution would be for PayPal to require all sellers to print two address lines or get FedEx and UPS to accept PO boxes on their post packages.

Login to Me Too

teche
New Community Member

I have had a free PO BOX since 1983, since the post office DOES NOT HAVE HOME DELIVERY to my residence address (a house). One block away, there is rural delivery, and cluster boxes 2 blocks away in new subdivisions. Since 1998 I have had very few problems on ebay with paypal until a few weeks ago, when all of a sudden, EVERY PAYPAL payment to an overseas seller gets declined because my street address is NOT in the postal database - my PO BOX IS! My feedback rating speaks for itself, and emails to sellers are laughed at.

Yet, EVERY time someone ships fedex or ups to my street address, smart post usually delivers that ebay item to "guess what" - my PO BOX! (some boxes do show up at my door, particularly fedex.

I am getting fed up with this policy, which is a shared conflict with the sellers, ebay, and paypal itself that denies payment even with my valid street address, which I have confirmed with paypal recently to no avail.

So - what do I do? I can still use Amazon with my PO box and get 2 day delivery - When is Ebay going to catch up?

I am a very frustrated disabled veteran that:

1. Sellers don't care about

2. Ebay doesn't care about

3. The postal service doesn't care about

4. Apparently, paypal doesn't care about - or this problem would be fixed.

teche

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Most Ebay sellers are individual jack of all trades on razor thin margin.

I am sure if you offer to pay postal or money order,they will be happy to comply.

so dont call sellers stupid,use your old Kidney

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.