Shipping not being charged nor shipping method displayed

Kristine1
Contributor
Contributor

I have started having problems with our shipping method not being displayed and also  Paypal sometimes will not charge any shipping, despite having everything set up correctly. I have not changed anything in my shipping calculations or methods and it just out of the blue started saying in the shipping details that "You haven’t added any shipping details." This is despite my having everything set up correctly for shipping. Then the next order it will correctly state 'Standard Shipping.'

There is no rhyme or reason to it and now I just had an international order come thru where Paypal did not charge a cent for shipping! This is costing us money as it's not the customers fault they weren't charged. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?? It apparently is a glitch in the Paypal system that needs to be fixed. I have even gone in and resaved my shipping calculations and settings but it still goes back and forth on what it displays in the shipping details and if it charges the correct amounts or not. Help!

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What selling web site are you using?

Login to Me Too

Kristine1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using Homestead.com

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Does Homestead shopping cart calculate shipping or does PayPal add it to your Homestead shopping cart total?  You need one or the other, not both, to add sipping.

Login to Me Too

josfarm
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happening to me...help....this is costing money...have you had any success fixing this?thanks,JoAnne

@Kristine1 wrote:

I have started having problems with our shipping method not being displayed and also  Paypal sometimes will not charge any shipping, despite having everything set up correctly. I have not changed anything in my shipping calculations or methods and it just out of the blue started saying in the shipping details that "You haven’t added any shipping details." This is despite my having everything set up correctly for shipping. Then the next order it will correctly state 'Standard Shipping.'

There is no rhyme or reason to it and now I just had an international order come thru where Paypal did not charge a cent for shipping! This is costing us money as it's not the customers fault they weren't charged. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?? It apparently is a glitch in the Paypal system that needs to be fixed. I have even gone in and resaved my shipping calculations and settings but it still goes back and forth on what it displays in the shipping details and if it charges the correct amounts or not. Help!

Login to Me Too

Vinegarnut
Contributor
Contributor

I just had my first problem today and have been using PayPal for over 6 years.  Shipping charges are setup to be charged when the order hits PayPal not on my website.  Is there any way to check items to make sure shipping will be charged properly?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It seems you understand how to set up your PayPal settings to add shipping.  If that is the case, then you should phone PayPal and persist until you reach someone who understands the technical issues invovled. I suspect there was a problem with communication between your cart program and PayPal at time of sale.  That will be difficult to resolve, but PayPal techs can look at how the information came from your cart service and arrived at PayPal.

It will take a LOT of patience and persistence to reach the right person.

Login to Me Too

Vinegarnut
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response.  Should I try by phone??

Login to Me Too

Vinegarnut
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, you said by phone.  Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

By phone, yes; it's the only way you would be able to work with an agent.

Use the one-time pass code; it might get you through faster.

If you have specific transaction ID's the agent can look at what happened.  It's not likely the first agent can help so you'll need to work on getting the right one.  I don't remember if there was an option for technical service when calling.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.