Shipping isn't being calculated with my buttons

webovation
Contributor
Contributor

I'm creating new Add to Cart buttons and when I test it on the site, my shopping cart is showing the item name and price, the tax, but it will not add shipping to the cart.  Has anyone had this happen to them before?

I created a shipping profile for Ground shipping with the price for shipping being calculated with the total in the cart which is how I've always done it in the past. I have "Use settings saved in your PayPal profile." checked with I create the new buttons and I enter the Tax%, but when I add items to my cart it's only showing the item price + tax as the total.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

You should see the shipping after you enter the Credit Card info and you're on the order review screen.  (At least that's been my experience.)   If you're on the review page and you're not seeing the shipping then yep, there's something not working unless you're using a shipping override variable in your button code.   You can also get additional thoughts in the Merchant Tech community.

Login to Me Too

webovation
Contributor
Contributor

Oh I didn't think it would add shipping after showing the customer a total and getting their card info. I'm on the page where the customer enters their card info but the only button to click when done is Pay Now.  Seems weird that it would make them hit Pay Now with one total and then add more to it afterwards.  Is that new because it always used to show up in the total before paying for me?

Login to Me Too

webovation
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, I just entered in some dummy data and then it let me select the shipping option before hitting pay now.

Thank you!  It just put it in a different order than I remembered.

Login to Me Too

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Great !!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.