Shipping Address in Purchase Details

-Corey-
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had a buyer from overseas that wanted to purchase an item from me and they intended to use a forwarding service based in the US.  The buyers address that was linked to their paypal account was in China, but they listed a US address in the "purchase details" for me to ship to.  My question is, would I still have seller protection if I shipped to the US address?  I read the requirements for seller protection and it stated that I would be covered as long as I shipped to the address that was listed in the "transaction details" and technically the "purchase details" is within the "transaction details", but I was still unsure if that would be acceptable.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

"Purchase detials" is NOT buyer's PayPal address.  You must ship to the address on the transaction detials page exactly as PayPal states.

If buyer want a different addres, but correct the address on the buyer's account and then re-purchase wtih the correct delivery addresss.

This buyer may be trying to take advantage of your lack of knowedge about seller protection, so be extremely cautious with any correspondence from this seller.  You need to become expert if you don't want to loose the item and your money.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

"Purchase detials" is NOT buyer's PayPal address.  You must ship to the address on the transaction detials page exactly as PayPal states.

If buyer want a different addres, but correct the address on the buyer's account and then re-purchase wtih the correct delivery addresss.

This buyer may be trying to take advantage of your lack of knowedge about seller protection, so be extremely cautious with any correspondence from this seller.  You need to become expert if you don't want to loose the item and your money.

Login to Me Too

-Corey-
Contributor
Contributor

That's what I was thinking, and I had gone ahead and refunded that payment because the person was unwilling to change their linked address.  Now I have another one using a third party shipping service and the "confirmed" address has the wrong zipcode, so unless I can get them to change that, I'll be refunding them as well.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Good.  Take control.

Any more questions, just post.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.