Sent Refund Twice

Janlane57
New Community Member

Being new to selling on Ebay I listed an item for sale.  On my way to the post office I slipped on my driveway and the item I was selling was damaged.  I immediately sent the buyer a refund of $125 and explained I had damaged the item.  A week later the item was still showing open on Ebay so I canceled the transaction.  This triggered a another automatic refund of $125.  When it happened I contacted the buyer and asked her to send the second $125 refund back.  I didn't hear back from her so I have sent an invoice and several reminders.  I contacted Ebay when the second $125 was sent.  They told me they couldn't do anything about it because "I was too proactive".  Now I'm out $125 and the buyer won't respond to any of my requests.  Can I do anything to get my money back?  

I also had a WiFi glitch and because of it I paid for postage twice on an item I sent out.  I cancelled the postage and got an automatic reply that it would take 15 days to see if the Post Office approved my refund.  Can anyone explain this?

Thanks for any help you can give.  

Janet <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

The estimated time you can expect to receive a credit (including postage and insurance costs) on your PayPal account after you void a USPS shipping label:
* 15 calendar days on shipping labels for Priority Mail, Express Mail, First-Class Mail Parcel, Express Mail International, and Priority Mail International.
* 21 calendar days on shipping labels for Media Mail and Parcel Select.

As for your refund issue - how did you send the money back  ??   If you used the send money feature instead of cancelling the transaction first - then doing the refund - there's really nothing that can be done.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.