Sending and receiving large amounts through PayPal

Abcxyz77
Contributor
Contributor
I 've heard that I shouldn't use Paypal to sending and receiving large amounts of money. They said that Paypal only suitable with small transactions below 1,000 usd and Paypal will limit or hold 50% of my money if i send or receive more than 10,000usd/month. Is it true? I have Paypal account for 2 years and it is verified. Specially I intended to use Paypal to deposit and withdraw money to Oanda Singapore, may up to 50,000 usd/month. So is it safe? I only send and recieve money from Oanda. Should i use Paypal to receive large amount of money?
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Abcxyz77 wrote:
I 've heard that I shouldn't use Paypal to sending and receiving large amounts of money. They said that Paypal only suitable with small transactions below 1,000 usd and Paypal will limit or hold 50% of my money if i send or receive more than 10,000usd/month. Is it true? I have Paypal account for 2 years and it is verified. Specially I intended to use Paypal to deposit and withdraw money to Oanda Singapore, may up to 50,000 usd/month. So is it safe? I only send and recieve money from Oanda. Should i use Paypal to receive large amount of money?

No,if you search this forum,you do not want to use Paypal to accept or send large amount of money like $50,000 or even $10,000.or even $5000.

ask yourself if they restricted your account,who do you call and do they really know how to help you and how long does it take ,can you afford to have moneytied up for weeks?

when Paypal sent the money it said completed,which means they sent it but if the other party did not receive it,not much Paypal can do for you,bank use SWIFT and it is traceable ., 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.