Scam?! Help!

BrandonCheung
Contributor
Contributor

I just sent someone £170 for an iPhone 7 after confirming all the details over email and they said next day delivery. After it hadn't came in the next few days I got suspicious so emailed them. No reply. I then took to my other email and emailed them about buying a new phone. And what do you know, they replied after a few hours. So what can I do? Is there a way I can get my money back? Also, I had a look at what the seller said to paypal in the case and it was absolute rubbish!! Completely different to what I said on email and I have the proof! His craiglist ad, his email, everything! What can I do? I must be able to win in this situation?!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrandonCheung

Phone customer services and see if they will open it again for you  >>

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or press 0.

Or if you funded your payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrandonCheung

Depends how you PAID.

If you paid via an invoice / money request OR send money > goods / services then file a dispute for non receipt of item via the ''resolve a problem'' link lower left of your paypal summary page. Put in what has happened and escalate to a claim for paypal to review. DO NOT CLOSE THE CLAIM UNTIL YOU GET ITEM OR REFUND.

If you paid via send money > friends / family then no as there is no buyer protection for that sort of payment UNLESS you funded it with a card in which case contact your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BrandonCheung
Contributor
Contributor

You see, I did do that. I sent the money under the title "goods" however, I was unable to state my side of the story at any stage of the dispute after I had sent in the claim. And the whole thing was escalated, the seller himself escalated it! And I couldn't do anything about it. Paypal believed his rubbish and didn't even ask for proof from me or anything! Now the case is closed and I can't reopen anotherone for some reason! What do I do?!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go back to the closed case and see if there is an "appeal" button?  If not, and you paid with credit card, call the number on back of your card to file a dispute on the transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BrandonCheung
Contributor
Contributor

It says that I can appeal the decision "If you've received the item but it's not as described by the seller" however, I haven't even received it from the seller.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did the seller in the dispute provide a tracking number?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BrandonCheung
Contributor
Contributor

No they didn't. That's why I'm so angry. After I sent the money they just ignored me and I just don't know what to do!

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrandonCheung

Phone customer services and see if they will open it again for you  >>

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or press 0.

Or if you funded your payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.