Sales tax report???

serenitystraws
Contributor
Contributor

This is not good, I contacted PayPal asking how to get my report on the amount of sales tax I collected in 2016.  He replied, saying he looked at my report and I did not collect any tax!!!!  I know that I DID sell to numerous buyers from my state.  I proceeded to go thru my ebay sales and found 4-5 in the latter part of December, and copied them and sent them to him.  This was his reply:  Does this mean they never tracked the sales tax, since there isn't even a colomn on the yearly report for SALES TAX?????  Now I am totally stressed, the deadline to file is in about 2 weeks!!

PayPal Email

I have ordered up a log of every single transaction with every available detail. This will come as a file to the same e-mail address that we are using for this conversation. The file should arrive within the next 24 hours.

I believe any information you need to gather from 2016 transactions will be on the log that we send.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

tywhit081
New Community Member
How can I get a report like this monthly
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I dont recall Paypal ever provide a sales tax report?

if you click on indvidual transactions,you do see a breakdown of the total payment-like item,sales tax,paypal fee,shipping,but there is no report on sales tax alone,I just checked the monthly report,monthly financial summary,the sales tax $ is includd in the payment received .

I keep a sales ledger and when I receive sales tax,I record it under that order,at the end of month,I add up all the sales tax I collected.

sales tax is not a big number,usually 2% of my total sales,thats the maximum for me.

these days it is under 1%

Login to Me Too

Austinchoco
Contributor
Contributor

Go to "Manage Invoices".  Load all of the invoices you want to download.  Click "download".  This will give you a spreadsheet that includes the sales tax you collected on each invoice.  This is the only "report" that will give you sales tax collected, other than looking up each individual invoice!  Best of Luck!

Login to Me Too

catfritsch
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, it is very difficult to pull this data out. It is something that every business person needs to keep track of, some monthly, some quarterly or annually. There should be an easier way to do this!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

download it to your sales ledger.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.