Sales Tax Report

Dragonflymemori
Contributor
Contributor

Why does PayPal only have reports for the consumer when it comes to Sales Tax. I have a business and I create invoices on PayPal which includes taxable items. I cannot find a report that shows how much Sales Tax I collected. Only how much I paid when purchasing. HELP!!!!

Also, how can we pressure PayPal to get this simple little report? My invoices have a Sales Tax field that PayPal calculates for me and totals it up for me. It is simple enough to pull that information into a report. If I had access to their backend, I could do it myself.

I need a total of what I have collected, not what I have paid out to other businesses. I am a wholesaler, so I rarely pay sales tax when purchasing, but I have to pay the state Sales Tax. I shouldn't have to go through each invoice and add up the Sales tax myself.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Austinchoco
Contributor
Contributor

Go to "Manage Invoices".  Load all of the invoices you want to download.  Click "download".  This will give you a spreadsheet that includes the sales tax you collected on each invoice.  This is the only "report" that will give you sales tax collected, other than looking up each individual invoice!  Best of Luck!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A payment web site does not separate out sales tax when reporting a payment; there is no way for PayPal to do so.

You need to manage your own business accounting records.

Login to Me Too

Dragonflymemori
Contributor
Contributor

Okay....RUDE!

But, yes they do. I actually got help and getting my sales tax information.

AND....I do through Etsy and Ebay. They all provide what I need. PayPal should too.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

etsy and ebay are sales venues,Paypal is a payment processor.

you need an accountant,or a clerk to keep track of sales tax you collected.

in your general ledger,you should have an account for sale tax collected.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I collect sales tax,I have them recorded in my sales ledger,at the end of the year,I just add them all up and write a check to the state comptroller.

It amounts to 2% of my total sales.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Austinchoco
Contributor
Contributor

Go to "Manage Invoices".  Load all of the invoices you want to download.  Click "download".  This will give you a spreadsheet that includes the sales tax you collected on each invoice.  This is the only "report" that will give you sales tax collected, other than looking up each individual invoice!  Best of Luck!

Login to Me Too

DouglasConnecti
New Community Member

@Austinchoco wrote:

Thanks for posting your method of figuring out how much sales tax you colledted.  This works well for the paypal invoices we send.  Our shopping cart shows the taxes we have collected through them, so we have what we need now.  🙂  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

collectivecloth
New Community Member

How do I look at the download once its been downloaded? I can't find it.

@Austinchoco wrote:

Login to Me Too

dtg2
New Community Member

click on Activity then chose - Charts and graphs -- you see "Sales tax collected"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.