Rolling Reserve is ridiculous... Can it be removed from my account? Does Square do this practice?

jspillen
Contributor
Contributor

The Rolling Reserve recently instituted by Paypal is ridiculous and has started me exploring other credit services.  I've never had any chargeback or refund issues using my merchant account.  However, right now Paypal has more than $900 of my businesses money for 60 days.  It makes no sense and is a huge inconvenience.  Paypal should not be collecting interest on money that is essential to my small business operations.  

Is there anyway to eliminate the "Rolling Reserve" ?  It's a huge inconvenince and slimy business practice by Paypal.  

Thank you,
Jay

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

WHAT DO YOU SELL?

Login to Me Too

jspillen
Contributor
Contributor

Music Lessons.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if your student files item not received,it would be hard for you to prove you have delivered the item?

it must be online viewable tracking showing it has been delivered to her zipcode from a commercial carrier.

For services rendered,Paypal may review documents from both parties and decide.

I would consider accepting non credit card payment like cash or personal check

Login to Me Too

jspillen
Contributor
Contributor

I've been with Paypal for 15+ years, this is a major invonvenience and disrespectful of the business we have done throughout the years.  

I know Mind and Body, and Square offer similar mobile selling programs.  I'll check there.

Thank you,
J

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.