Representative of Alza.cz

blueflags
Contributor
Contributor

I have been offered a representative position with a Czech company known as Alza.cz.  It is a company much in the same style as Ebay.  It has been in business for over 20 years.  They employ quite a number of representatives in the same capacity as they have offered me.

It works like this.......Alza.cz is located in The Czech Republic and is limited by Paypal to $350.00 in their Paypal account.  This is unsuitable for a multimillion dollar business.  To alleviate this complication, Alza offers positions to selected representatives to handle and forward payments for sold items.  The customer buys the item, pays with Paypal, the funds are sent to the representative's Paypal account and the tracking number allows the funds to become available.  The funds are then transferred to Alza.cz by the representative.  The representative is basically a middleman in the payment process with their Paypal account.

Alza.cz pays the representative a monthly salary based on sales volume which is supplemented by payments of either 5% or 10% based on volume handled by the representative for Alza.  These sales commissions are paid immediately upon the payment of the sale being successful. 

The potential liablity for the representative is in the fact that the original purchasing customer has up to 180 days under Paypal policy to file a case or complaint on the initial payment transfer if they are not satisfied with the transaction.  This makes the representative responsible and has a detrimental effect on their Paypal account.  Alza.cz states they will handle returns and refunds accordingly; however the representative is entirely limited in resolving the transaction until the purchasing customer and Alza.cz handle the appropriate return transaction properly and timely. 

Has anyone had experience as a representative for Alza.cz?  Good or bad?

Thankyou in advance.

Login to Me Too
58 REPLIES 58

RyanLe
New Community Member

I was wondering what ever happened with the money you received. I checked it is definitely a money laundering scheme.

Login to Me Too

nmayer79
Contributor
Contributor

LOL! Signed up to say I just today finished a weeks worth of text editing for Mall.cz and got my 'edit job is suspended, please be a representative' email. 

I was willing to see text editing thing through due to no risk whatsoever, but UPS'ing money? HA!!!

Question, what's to stop you recieveing it, waiting for the customer to actually get the product, and just keeping the money? What could they actually do? 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

All you need to do is read this threa from the start to know it's a scam and there is no money coming your way.

Login to Me Too

nmayer79
Contributor
Contributor

Oh no doubt, I've read the thread. Just saying, it's not much of a scam if there really isn't money going to or fro anywhere. 

Just seems sort of silly IMO. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Scams aren't just about funds; they are also about collecting private information.

Login to Me Too

nmayer79
Contributor
Contributor

What private information? All they have is an email, and maybe a phone number... Not much you can do about that.

And I'm just guessing, I'm savy enough to not give out sensitive info (i'm in IT). Just curious...

@DPCreations wrote:

Scams aren't just about funds; they are also about collecting private information.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@nmayer79

Not referring to you or Alza specifically, but to scams in general where it isn't always about direct loss of money.  Scams are also be collecting private information.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

nmayer79 wrote: 

Question, what's to stop you recieveing it, waiting for the customer to actually get the product, and just keeping the money? What could they actually do? 

What's to stop Mall.cz from shipping a rock to the buyers and they file a dispute or a chargeback (extra $20 fee per chargeback) on the money sent to you?  You will lose more than you received.  Are you going to wait 180 days per transaction?  if you don't send the scammers their money so they can ship, their scheme with you may not last that long at all.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kamui003
New Community Member
If I did a few days of editing should I be worried?
Login to Me Too

1jaydababy
Contributor
Contributor

I Would not worry about the first part, they would've told you your job is no longer done they where we're grooming you.

As long as you have not recieved anything cash or it slipped thru

thru Paypal account you are safe all they do is the same scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.